Thursday, February 9, 2012

Rub-a-dub-dub!

The resemblance is uncanny, no?
Bath time is Little J's favorite time of the day hands down (splashing around, most likely). So the other day while he was in the bath, I decided to see what he would look like with hair. The following pictures are the fruits of my labors.

I tried to do a Bob Ross 'do, but the structural integrity of the bubbles just wouldn't allow it.

I know, I know, I got the spikes a bit in the wrong spot.
Nevertheless, "RUFIO, RUFIO, RU-FI-OOOOOOOH!!!"
He thought the whole thing was rather funny and didn't mind a bit. Also, he took Big J's toothbrush with him everywhere that day, so hence it being in the bathtub as well. Don't worry - we sanitized it afterward.

I think tonight we'll try Captain Picard. Maybe some Princess Leia if he doesn't mind looking like a girl.

Oh! Speaking (well writing, really) of looking like a girl, I was in a checkout line a couple of days ago and this cute little old lady called Little J "Princess"! I didn't have the heart to tell her she was wrong, but it was fairly obvious he was a boy. He was wearing a white onesie and a blue hat and had his blue blanket with him. I mean, if you're going to hazard a guess in that situation, go with boy.

Anyway, I'm over it.

Any other suggestions of bubble hairdos I can subject upon my son?

4 comments:

  1. One time, Rachel was in her car seat in the parking lot of a restaurant, and a lady came over and said, "AW! How old is he?" Rachel was wearing a blue striped onesie with denim overalls, and had a blue bow in her tiny baby hair.
    A little more understandable, I guess.

    ps Ru-fi-ooooooooooo! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Rufio do!! My mom used to make us bubble unicorn horns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe some Pipi Longstocking? of course, you would have to attach something to his head first, for the bubbles to "cling to" (ever so momentarily)... :-)

    these are AWESOME photos, sis...seriously. And wonderfully. :-)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to do beards, but that's when we were a bit older I guess. You could always try!

    ReplyDelete