Saturday, March 24, 2012

Send in the wipes!

Please direct your attention to his mouth
and hands.
Well, it happened. Little J made his first mess. I was working on a project on the computer and he was on the ground, playing with my makeup bag (his new favorite toy). I looked over and he was waving my mascara around in the air, and when I looked over again, he had unscrewed it, poked himself in the face with it, and gotten it all over his hands and his book. I was astounded! I had no idea he knew how to unscrew things! So, like a good mom, I didn't clean him up immediately, but instead took a picture. His tongue wasn't black, so I don't think he ate any. But then again, he did kind of have that smug, cat-who-ate-the-canary look on his face.

After wiping him all up, I gave him the mascara again to see if it was just a fluke that he had gotten it unscrewed. It wasn't. He's also learned to pull the caps off of pens. Sure it makes a lot of messes, but I love to see him learn like crazy.

The inventor of baby wipes should get a Nobel prize. I love them. We go through MANY MANY wipes a day because, like me, Little J is a lap-feeder. He gets food in his hair, armpits, nose, etc.

I'd love to hear about your baby's (or yours, I don't judge) messy moments!

3 comments:

  1. Oh; I have a GREAT photo of Olivia diving face-first into her 1st birthday cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those sweet, adorable eyes!! No messes here yet, but I'm sure there are many to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when I just get finished feeding Paige a bowl of cereal and fruit and then she throws up 71% on her tray and then proceeds to finger paint with it. Awesome. And disgusting.

    ReplyDelete