Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Silly Human Tricks

So I've been trying to teach Little J some sign language. So far it's been less than rewarding. The only sign he uses quite often, without my prompting, is the bird sign. If he sees a bird on TV, or when we're out driving or if we're in the desert, he looks at me, makes his ubiquitous guinea pig noise and signs bird. I love it. He knows all done, please, thank you, water, more, bird and I'm trying my darndest to teach him potty. He has used it once. He walked up to me and signed potty, and he had pooped! Mother of the year award to me!

We're also working on identifying body parts. So far, he's killing it. I don't often brag write about his accomplishments, but he is doing great with this. Here's proof:


3 comments:

  1. I love that bird is the sign he uses the most. Maybe he's going to be an ornithologist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! He will be. I've already got it planned. He's going to end up being a professor at Cornell in the Ornithology department (after playing football professionally and making a fortune), and we're going to live nearby in New Hampshire in a restored farmhouse, complete with cows, pigs and chickens. I hope he's ok with it, because he really has no choice.

      Delete
  2. What a cutie. I think its great you are teaching him sign language!

    ReplyDelete